Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Name five materials you use daily that are not chemically changed from their natural states.

1. Salt- For cooking, I use salt that comes from natural sources like seawater or from underground mines.


2. Wood- I live in a house built primarily of wood, and even the handle of my toothbrush is made of wood! Most wood used in commercial building is treated chemically to protect against bugs, but the wood itself is not changed in its chemical makeup.


3. Air- I breathe the air in my home and outdoors. It has not been distilled or filtered into pure oxygen.


4. Silver- I wear a piece of silver jewelry which has undergone a physical change to become the shape it is, but it has not been changed in its chemical makeup.


5. Honey- I use honey in coffee and tea. I prefer raw honey (which has not been filtered or cooked to kill bacteria) because it has lots of healthy enzymes and amino acids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What was the device called which Faber had given Montag in order to communicate with him?

In Part Two "The Sieve and the Sand" of the novel Fahrenheit 451, Montag travels to Faber's house trying to find meaning in th...