Friday, November 23, 2007

What is your opinion on abortion?

Abortion is one of those topics where feelings and emotions of every kind surface.  I have very mixed feelings on abortion.  Those who callously use it as a form of birth control are way over the negative line for me.  Yet, I know several people for whom an abortion was the only choice. One woman's choice was because the twins were defective and would not live at all.  To preserve her ability to have another baby, the twins were aborted.  For another, the woman was mentally ill and could not deal even with the idea of pregnancy.  For her stability and ability to recover, the pregnancy was aborted.  I had a student whose father had gotten her pregnant, and it was her choice to abort.   I know that each agonized over the decision, and that is why I think the government should stay out of such a personal decision.  I don't like abortion at all but believe that the woman should have a choice.  I don't believe that most women make the choice lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What was the device called which Faber had given Montag in order to communicate with him?

In Part Two "The Sieve and the Sand" of the novel Fahrenheit 451, Montag travels to Faber's house trying to find meaning in th...