Tuesday, February 11, 2014

What is an entire sentence from The Wednesday Wars Chapter 12 with the word "bribe" in it?


"And I knew that my father would never bribe the judge." Chapter: September


"And then I look around the courtroom, and there's my father, and I'm thinking 'Maybe he can bribe the judge,' and he says, 'Is everything alright with Mrs. Baker?' and I say, 'Just swell,' and he says, 'Then what did you do?'" Chapter: October


"The only thing worse would have been if she found a way to bribe them to come." Chapter: December



The above three quotes are the only times the word "bribe" is used in the entire novel.  I wish that I could specifically answer your question, but I am confused by what "chapter 12" is referring to.  "The Wednesday Wars" by Gary Schmidt does not contain numbered chapters.  Chapters are identified by the name of each month.  The book begins with "September," and the final month is "June."  The months identify which part of the school year Holling Hoodhood is in.  The final chapter is called "Okay for Now."  If you numbered each chapter, "Okay for Now" is only chapter 11.  Even if you count chapters by number, there is no chapter 12.  The closest of my quotes to a possible chapter 12 is the "December" chapter quote.  I hope that this is enough information to answer your question.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What was the device called which Faber had given Montag in order to communicate with him?

In Part Two "The Sieve and the Sand" of the novel Fahrenheit 451, Montag travels to Faber's house trying to find meaning in th...