Saturday, August 18, 2012

In Of Mice and Men, describe one aspect that was familiar to you and one aspect that you weren't familiar with.

One aspect of Of Mice and Men that was not familiar to me was the notion of rootlessness.  I come from a close knit family, and I have a strong community of neighbors and friends.  So, my whole life I have been surrounded by people I know and love.  Lennie and George have no one except each other.  Crooks, Candy, and the others have no one.   At one point, Candy says that he is getting old.  He goes on to say that he hopes that there is someone to shoot him when he gets too old. 


One aspect that was familiar was the importance of dreams.  Even though George and Lennie did not reach their dreams of owning a piece of land and a small house, they worked for it.  My family two generations removed immigrated to America and worked diligently to get land and a house.  We were more fortunate than Lennie and George. What we shared in common was a dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What was the device called which Faber had given Montag in order to communicate with him?

In Part Two "The Sieve and the Sand" of the novel Fahrenheit 451, Montag travels to Faber's house trying to find meaning in th...